Journal #6

4/15/2021

Hello Everyone! I realize that I’ve been slacking recently with the journals so I’m gonna try to keep it every Thursday so I have a consistent weekly journal. More importantly, however, today I started my lab report assignment. I’m really excited to start drafting and working on it because I’m actually very interested in this topic. The two previous assignments I’ve done haven’t been about topics that I’m all that interested in so they did really feel like assignments for an English class but this doesn’t. This is something I want to explore and learn about. I chose to study vaccines that are delivered through inhalation, which are really interesting. They have so many implications and are so important, especially with the global pandemic we’re living in today. I realize that this assignment is a very different lab report than any other lab report I’ve done for a science class. My science classes focus more on the data and experiment, while this assignment focuses more on the actual lab report which is an interesting difference. It means I have to take a different approach to this lab report, and focus more on how I’m portraying my information, data, and ideas. It’s also going to need a lot of research since I’m not actually doing any experiments myself, just citing the works of others. Regardless, it’s an assignment I’m excited to tackle. I have already outlines it and created a title and abstract. However I will be changing the abstract because it feels more like an introduction. I’m a little confused between the two, so I will have to do some research to find the distinction or go back to the textbook. But that’s it for today’s journal, I’ll be back next week!